Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Missed opportunity

Last week the New York Times had an interesting article (online version archived) about a new test being given to immigrants. In my view they missed a great opportunity to mix the online world with the print world.

Halfway through the article I wondered how hard this test could be. (In all honesty I kept chuckling to myself that it couldn't be that hard but the reality is that I probably wouldn't do as well as I thought I could.) The article had a sidebar with a few sample questions but only a few. Why not something online with a more complete collection of questions?

The New York Times is actually one of the more progressive publications in terms of online presence so I am reluctant to be too harsh in my criticism. But how hard can it be to exploit online's advantages -- interactivity and no limit on space?

0 comments: