Saturday, October 13, 2007

The simple joys of simple technology, part II

Stumbled across Flightstats this week (in a roundup in the Wall Street Journal). It was ranked one of the best ways to track flight status. So I experimented with my Atlanta-New York flight, plugging in information two days ahead of time.


I can't complain much about it, other than all three alerts (two about slight delays leaving, one about arriving a few minutes late) were sent while I was in the air and thus unable to retrieve them. I suppose this is good for someone at home waiting for the flight to arrive (or a limo driver) but not necessarily for the passenger.


I did like the fact that it distinguishes between departure time (leaving the gate) and takeoff time (wheels up.) That's the first time I've seen that.


Overall, it's a pretty clever tool that I am going to try

0 comments: